How to Help
No family, no home, and no one to call when things go wrong. That’s the harsh reality for so many foster youth.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. With your support, foster youth will have someone to call when things get tough, and hope for a brighter future.
Your support will help the foster youth in our programs graduate from high school, attend and graduate college, find stable housing and employment, and will have a direct and lasting impact in thier lives for generations to come.
Simple ways to make a difference for foster youth
- Plan a Care Package Event
- Get together with friends or colleagues to purchase and assemble mid-term/finals, dorm room, move-in and back-to-school kits.
- Organize a Donation Drive
- Tap into your community resources and bring together friends, family members, neighbors and colleagues to solicit items for donation.
- Look around your house—so often we have office supplies, gift cards, appliances and other unused items that can be donated to charity.
You can help with the following donations
(please, only new or gently used items)
- Gift Cards – for holidays, birthdays, graduation and other celebrations for the kids—Best Buy, Target, Gap, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon, Walmart, Ralphs
- Dorm Kits – for College Sponsorship students—Twin sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, alarm clocks, toasters, extension cords, desk lamps, dry erase boards, utensils, irons, can openers, hangers, shower shoes, toiletry bags, luggage, USB flash drives, mp3 players, notebooks, pens, and folders
- Back To School Supplies – for College Readiness students—Notebooks, calculators, backpacks, pens and pencils, and folders
- Move-In Kits – for Pathways residents—Dish sets, pots and pans, towels, twin comforter and sheet sets, small appliances – alarm clocks, toasters, microwaves, vacuums and irons
- Holiday Gifts – for foster kids ages 4-23—Gift cards, DVD’s, CD’s, electronics, home furnishings & appliances, bath & body gift sets, perfume & cologne gift sets, children’s toys & games.
- Tickets and Enrichment Activities – for foster youth in UFC Programs—Admission to museums, theme parks, sporting events, theater, and other opportunities. Summer camp fees. Classes or workshops – dance instruction, test preparation.
- Youth Retreats – for Pathways, Sponsorship & Readiness youth—Local overnight retreat facilities. Transportation – bus and minivan rentals. Motivational speakers. Food and beverages. Giveaways, games and prizes.
- Youth Events – graduations, holiday events, College Within Reach—Rentals – tables and chairs, linens. Catering, food & beverages. Decorations. Photographer & videographer. Program paper & invitations. Plaques for graduates. Giveaways for attendees – DVD’s, CD’s, books, gift certificates, college logo t-shirts, cups, and key chains.
- Career Supplies – for Pathways & Sponsorship youth—Pad folios, organizers, business card holders, thank you cards, resume paper and envelopes. Gift cards for business clothing – Burlington Coat Factory, Ross, and Target.
- Housing Opportunities – for Pathways alumni—Donate property so UFC can continue to expand and provide quality housing, provide reduced rent in apartments so Pathways alumni can secure permanent housing.
For more information on donating items to foster youth, please contact Jill Freeman.
Help foster youth graduate high school, attend college, find stable housing, and employment. You make a real and lasting difference in their lives.
make a donation via mobile phone
Text the message GIVE UFC to the number 80088 to donate $10 to UFC.
For more information on donating to UFC, please contact Jill Freeman.
I looked in the mail today and what did I find? A box of goodies along with a nice letter from UFC. This is just what I needed the day before my Calculus I final. And THANKS for the GLOVES!!! (Nobody told me that it gets cold in Alabama!)"Spencer