How to Help
No family, no home, and no one to call when things go wrong. That’s the harsh reality for so many foster youth.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. With your support, foster youth will have someone to call when things get tough, and hope for a brighter future.
Your support will help the foster youth in our programs graduate from high school, attend and graduate college, find stable housing and employment, and will have a direct and lasting impact in thier lives for generations to come.
HELP UFC YOUTH
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop professional work habits
- Build self confidence
- Gain networking opportunities
Benefits to Internship Providers
- Creates a candidate pool for future hiring
- Provides first hand knowledge of abilities of potential future employees
- Provides extra assistance in the office
Creates opportunity for company and employees to "give back" to the community
Other ways to get involved
- Provide job shadowing opportunities and career exploration activities for our College Readiness students
- Become a corporate or community partner with UFC and offer job training, networking and other opportunities to our Pathways and College Sponsorship youth.
Thank You UFC Internship Providers!
Provide internships to foster youth
You can provide youth in UFC’s Pathways and College Sponsorship Programs with the opportunity to explore career interests and gain valuable hands-on work experience.
- 8-10 weeks
- 25-40 hours per week
- often lead to full-time employment for our youth
To provide youth with internships or other job opportunities, please contact Carla Palmer.
To us, she was the golden girl at the end of the rainbow. Having Jamina as an intern with us over the summer was a true blessing. Not only was she able to upgrade our computer system, and restore order with our production and casting files – she did it all with enthusiasm and always with an eagerness to do more."John Rivera, Artistic Director