Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for providing year-round academic planning to high school and college students in their homes or at school sites.
• Responsible for communicating regularly with students and their caregivers via phone, email or text regarding their progress towards their individualized goals and academic status.
• Regularly monitor students’ academic progress to ensure they successfully complete high school and are eligible for and accepted to and persisting at four-year colleges/universities.
• Refer students to community-based support services and academic enrichment opportunities as needed.
• Track and document all service efforts made on behalf of students in the United Friends’ database within a week of each effort’s occurrence.
• Continually expand and update professional and technical knowledge within the education, foster care, and case management fields.
Outreach and Resource Development
• Help create and implement innovative outreach strategies to ensure program growth.
• Cultivate relationships and serve as a liaison/advocate among middle and high school staff, ILP coordinators, social workers, foster parents, group homes workers, and community partners to increase awareness of the needs of foster youth to ensure the students’ success.
Program Implementation and Development
• Act as a lead facilitator and/or participant in the execution of student academic and personal development workshops.
• Assist with coordination of monthly events.
• Analyze caseload outcomes and trends and work with Education team to improve program model and service delivery.
• Other duties as assigned.
General United Friends Responsibilities
• Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement United Friends’ organizational values:
o Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact.
o Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth and community.
o Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation.
o Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups.
o Work together as one organization.
• BA degree in a related field
• 3+ years of relevant experience, including 1 or more years of case management experience
• Demonstrated experience working with middle and/or high school students
• Balances multiple competing priorities
• Establishes and cultivates respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Holds self accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works both independently and collaboratively and relates tasks to organizational values
• Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-orientated manner and incorporates others’ views into work
• Passionate about United Friends’ mission
• Has a reliable personal automobile and valid CA driver’s license
• Master’s Degree in a related field
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish