Duties and responsibilities:
• Build collaborative relationships with youth that nurture socio-emotional development, self-advocacy skills, and academic and career success.
• Maintain consistent and frequent communication with students on caseload via phone, videoconferencing, email, and in person to uphold the relationship-based model of services.
• Provide quality, timely educational case management to youth, utilizing United Friends’ database to document efforts.
• Monitor students’ progress to ensure their completion of college graduation requirements.
• Refer youth to campus and community-based support services as needed.
• Engage youth in career planning activities and conversations to build job readiness skills.
• Connect youth with summer internship and job opportunities.
• Support youth in the successful completion of career development opportunities.
• Utilize organizational database and other data tracking sources to measure progress.
• Analyze caseload outcomes and trends and work with Education team to improve program model and service delivery.
• Assist with coordination of small and large-scale events.
• Attend community-building events to establish and maintain relationships with Scholars Program youth.
• Attend monthly clinical supervision meetings to discuss case planning, progress with scholars and any challenging cases.
• Assist with outreach and selection process of Scholars Program candidates.
• Cultivate relationships with and serve as a liaison/advocate among community partners to increase awareness of youths’ needs and to ensure students’ success.
• Other duties as assigned.
General UFC Responsibilities
• Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement UFC’s organizational values:
o Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact
o Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community and each other
o Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation
o Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups
o Work together as one organization
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 2+ years of case management experience
• Demonstrated experience working with underserved college students
• Establishes and cultivates respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Strong problem-solving and crisis intervention skills
• Balances multiple competing priorities
• Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner and incorporates others’ views into work
• Holds self-accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works both independently and collaboratively and relates tasks to organizational values
• Passionate about United Friends’ mission
• Must have valid California Driver’s License and an insured and reliable vehicle
• Master’s Degree in a related field
• An understanding of and sensitivity to issues concerning former foster care youth
• Demonstrated success in maintaining relationships through technology (e.g., phone, email, social media)