Duties and Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with Pathways Team members to maintain an engaged, safe, and thriving community.
● Lead weekly site-based team meetings to identify and address community and facility needs and
● Build and maintain meaningful relationships with residents; promote personal growth, independence,
responsibility, and accountability and inspire individuals to reach their full potential.
● Lead team meetings with residents to identify areas of growth and improvement.
● Plan and implement dynamic community events and opportunities that bring Pathways community members together to engage in meaningful relationships.
● Respond quickly and appropriately to occurrences and critical incidents at United Friends housing sites.
● Embrace United Friends’ high-performance standard in all housing and facilities operations by partnering
with our Property Management department in maintaining property conditions and resident compliance.
● Partner with the Intake and Outreach Team to create strategic linkages between residents and alumni.
● Build and maintain strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and potential
community partners to enhance the opportunities available to United Friends’ program participants.
● Represent United Friends’ interests and mission in the broader community.
Leadership and Program Management
● Understand and interpret the program’s contractual, ethical, and legal obligations.
● Work with the Pathways Management Team and Evaluation Team to set program goals and utilize data
consistently to assess and communicate outcomes.
● Partner with the Pathways Management Team to record and uphold policies and protocols that support the
program’s mission and goals.
● Partner with the Pathways Management Team to support direct serve team in the absence of Senior
Community Manager or community Manager.
● Lead, coach, and develop the Advocacy Counselors in meeting established goals. This includes engaging in regular performance engagement discussions, monitoring progress, providing support, utilizing
performance engagement plans as needed, and providing clinical supervision (if applicable).
● Partner with Pathways Management Team to plan annual budget and monitor expenditures to ensure alignment with projected spending for community support, including life skills workshops, community events/projects, and property management.
● Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding rules, regulations, best practices, tools,
techniques, and performance standards.
● Be a positive force for change and provide support for staff to be their best and do their best work.
● Other duties as assigned.
General United Friends Responsibilities
● Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement United Friends’ organizational values:
● Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact.
● Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community, and each other.
● Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation.
● Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups.
● Work together as one organization.
● Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
● 5+ years of experience, including program management and team leadership, in a relevant social work
● Experience working with vulnerable populations
● Establishes and cultivates respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
● Activates network to produce results that benefit program participants
● Demonstrated experience engaging groups and individuals in effective learning activities
● Responds effectively and urgently to critical incidents
● Works collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a multi-disciplinary service team
● Works responsibly with sensitive and confidential information
● Balances multiple competing priorities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Holds self-accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works independently and
● Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner, and
incorporates others’ views into work
● Passionate about United Friends’ mission
● Must have valid California Driver’s License and an insured and reliable vehicle
● Social Work Licensure (LCSW)
● 2+ years in housing setting with TAY population
● An understanding and sensitivity to issues concerning former foster care youth
● Knowledge of the TAY resource landscape in Los Angeles
● Knowledge of the Los Angeles County Coordinated Entry System and Measure H
● Knowledge of Positive Youth Development