Duties and responsibilities:
Live-in On-site Maintenance Technician
• Oversee the daily maintenance of United Friends’ residential properties in accordance with required legal and high-quality standards
• Perform daily inspections of balconies, patios, driveways, stairs, walkways, laundry room, and other common areas for cleanliness
• Assess and maintain turnover of vacant units, change locks, paint, light plumbing, appliance replacement, etc.
• Respond and act to emergency maintenance troubleshoot (respond to calls for maintenance, diagnose, repair, if possible, dispatch management if not able to repair).
• Act as the maintenance emergency contact for residents as needed.
• Perform unit walkthrough in partnership with Advocacy Counselors prior and during resident move-ins.
• Record and maintain tenant vehicle registration log.
• Maintain a professional demeanor with residents, vendors, and teammates.
• Respond to tenant and vendor requests in an efficient and timely manner.
• Regularly assess the condition of the properties and communicate effectively regarding property needs and resident concerns.
• Prepare United Friends residential properties for stakeholder site visits and/or inspection.
• Conduct quarterly inspections with Property and Facilities Manager.
• Supervise move-in and move-out procedures for the Pathways Housing Program sites.
• Inspect apartments on a quarterly basis at minimum, delivers violations to youth who do not comply with program or house rules and works with and coaches youth to correct violations when possible.
• Work with program staff to support youth in unit upkeep.
• Perform and support Property and Facilities Manager with maintenance projects.
• Utilize the Zendesk helpdesk to track ongoing work orders.
• Respond to maintenance requests and ensure facilities are in compliance.
• Conduct weekly camera reviews and emergency camera reviews upon request from Assistant Property Manager and Community Manager.
• Update and maintain property unit keys.
• Other duties as assigned.
General United Friends Responsibilities
• Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement United Friends’ organizational values:
o Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact
o Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community and each other
o Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation
o Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups
o Work together as one organization
• 3+ years of experience in property management or related field, specifically related to leasing and apartment acquisition in a special population community setting.
• Strong problem-solving and crisis management and intervention skills.
• Ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner and incorporates others’ views into work.
• Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
• Holds self-accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works both independently and collaboratively and relates tasks to organizational values.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications.
• Passionate about United Friends’ mission.
• Must have valid CA Driver’s License and an insured and reliable vehicle.
- An understanding of and sensitivity to issues concerning former foster care youth.
- Experience working with affordable housing and/or in a non-profit setting connected to the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority.
- Preferred but not required, working knowledge of Fair Housing Law, and other government housing regulations and programs, including Section 8, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HUD/ LAHSA contract standards, and Tax Credit (TCAC requirements).