In recognition of Foster Care Awareness Month, when you sign up as monthly donor at the $5 level, you will receive a special United Friends reusable straw set!
Without the work of United Friends of the Children, youth in foster care experience profound challenges resulting in the following:
- Less than half of foster youth will earn a high school diploma or GED.
- Only 2-9% will go on to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- 65% of L.A. County foster youth experience homelessness after leaving care.
At United Friends, we see these outcomes as unfair and avoidable. With your support, United Friends can provide the necessary college and personal support services that lead to a strikingly different reality:
- 95% of youth in our Scholars Program graduate high school
- 85% of graduates matriculate to college leading to 70% college completion rate!
- Each year, our Pathways program regularly helps 70% of homeless youth get off the streets and transition to permanent housing
Donate now to support LA Foster Youth!
Need help or have additional questions?
We’re here to help. Call us at (213) 580-1850.