Duties and responsibilities:
• Support and guide the residents while maintaining an advisory relationship based on trust and respect.
• Promote personal growth, independence, responsibility, and accountability among the residents in the housing program and inspire them to reach their full potential.
• Work with assigned residents to develop a thorough and individualized case plan within the required time frame.
• Meet one-on-one with residents on caseload on a weekly basis to discuss goals related to housing, career, education, mental/physical health, and basic life skills including budgeting and finance.
• Facilitate the move-in procedure including completing paperwork and coordinating with Property Management regarding apartment readiness.
• Utilize Community Model Approach to ensure that AC’s assigned residents are maintaining their housing units in accordance with program rules.
• Conduct needs assessments, coordinate resource referrals and connect youth to services through effective case management.
• Give regular feedback to residents regarding their progress with respect to their case plan.
• Monitor residents’ adherence to program rules and institute and enforce improvement plans where necessary.
• Provide crisis intervention assistance and personal counselling as needed.
• Attend and facilitate community building activities in order establish and maintaining relationships with Pathways youth.
• Engage in weekly 1:1 supervision and team meetings to discuss case planning, progress with residents and any problematic cases.
• Participate in Life Skills classes regularly.
• Guide residents through the transition from the program assisting them with developing a proper exit
plan into a permanent/stable housing situation.
Documentation and Outcomes
• Track and document all service efforts made on behalf of youth in United Friends’ database within a week of each effort’s occurrence.
• Continually expand and update professional and technical knowledge within the housing, mental health, education, foster care, and case management fields.
• Using a strengths-based and solutions-focused approach, track youths’ progress towards achievement of Positive Youth Development and work with the Pathways Team to develop interventions for youth as challenges arise.
• Analyze caseload outcomes and trends and work with Pathways team to improve program model and service delivery.
• Other duties as assigned.
General United Friends Responsibilities
• Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement United Friends’ organizational values:
o Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact
o Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community, and each other
o Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation
o Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups
o Work together as one organization
• MSW, MFT, or related Master’s level degree
• 3+ years post-graduate case management experience with a similar population in a relevant setting
• Strong leadership, problem-solving and crisis intervention skills.
• Excellent knowledge of substance abuse and mental health issues
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary service team
• Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner, and incorporates others’ views into work
• An understanding of and sensitivity to issues concerning former foster care youth
• Establishes and cultivates respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Holds self-accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, and relates tasks to organizational values
• Passionate about United Friends’ mission
• Must have valid California Driver’s License and an insured and reliable vehicle
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish
• Clinical licensure